Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Younger Brothers

One benefit of having siblings half your age is that they ultimately end up being cooler than you. I have entered that stage in my life. My two younger brothers, one 19 and the other 17, are way cooler than I am. Well, the 17 year old John, is reeking havoc in my mother's life, and that is definitely not cool. My mother tells him that she successfully shooed five children from her nest before him; and those five combined did not give her as much trouble as he is.

The other brother, 19 year old James, just left Alaska for California to be with his girlfriend. According to his parents, that is not cool either. The jury is still out as far as I am concerned. But I digress...

Okay, so maybe we could argue that they are not cooler than me when it comes to lifestyle or life choices, but they are way cooler than me in regards to music. I used to be way into music. I knew all the hot songs, top artists, and new albums. But since I have had kids, I had to grow up. My music library has thus remained pretty stagnant.

Luckily I have these awesome younger brothers! This summer while we were all in New Hampshire, they loaded up my i-pod with their music. Some I did not really like, but others, I am totally into. My two favorites that they introduced me to are The Decemberists and Franz Ferdinand. Thank you, James and John, for making me a cooler sister.

Franz Ferdinand: 40'

Alright, I am having problems loading up a video by The Decemberists. But here is a link to their song, Sixteen Military Wives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK3Ce9md96g&feature=related

4 comments:

Becca said...

Your brothers have GREAT taste in music. I really like The Engine Driver too by the Decemberists.

The Labrecque Family said...

I agree Naomi, James has given me tons of music. You should check out Fleet Foxes and Midlake - they are awesome.

Christine said...

Yeah, Jess is way cooler than I am. It's depressing sometimes...

James Marcel Patras said...

By the way, John had nothing to do with either of those bands. I liked those bands before he did...and it is cool that I moved to California Sis!