Friday, January 23, 2009

Will We Ever Stop Fighting?

Josh finished up his last radiology interview today in Portland. What a wonderful feeling; no more interviews! Of course, we all know what this means. Now starts the really hard part: ranking all the programs.

Josh and I are so far apart from each other in what we want out of the five years of residency. I would like a house. Josh wants a reputable program. I want a yard. Josh wants to work at a level one trauma center. I want Levi and Claire to have a pet. Josh wants to be someplace where it won't be hard to get a fellowship. I want to enjoy my hobbies again. Josh wants to be close to family.

So far we both really like Vermont. I know they will be in the top five. What programs will be joining Vermont? If you ask Josh: Oregon, UW, Albuquerque, and Yale. If you ask Naomi: Grand Rapids, Maine, Dartmouth, and William Beaumont.

Basically, every time we discuss where we will move to, we end up fighting. I am not kidding.

On a happier note...

We made Joshua's favorite dessert tonight to celebrate the end of interview season, apple crisp.

Here is Levi helping me peel, core, slice and eat the apples:

And here is Claire being super cute:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say Vermont is pretty awesome and visited there every couple years since most of my mom's family lives there. Sort of close to Cyp right? Good luck with all that!

Jessica Jo said...

It is so hard to be faced with decisions that will influence every aspect of your life and future!!! Once you figure it all out I'm sure you both will be happy! Can't wait to find out where you are going!

Shauna said...

I swear, I should just copy and paste your posts to my blog because we're pretty much doing the same thing. I got your message, sorry you couldn't make it . . . cause it was AWESOME!!! I even fell in love with a house I can't buy right now. :( Can't wait to give details on Tuesday.