Saturday, January 31, 2009

Joshua is the new Logan

The vast majority of my readership will have no idea who Logan is. Here is a bit of information.

Logan, and his family, lived in family housing up until last summer when he had the audacity to graduate. He is now a top-notch dentist practicing in Spokane. Anyway, Logan was famous around Blakeley Housing. Why? Basically because he was (or is) the perfect man.

At least once a week we would walk by the Ditto's front window and Logan would be vacuuming the floor. On sunny days Logan would serenade his children, and others, with his guitar and voice. He was extremely handy, and could fix anything. On Logan's last day in family housing he wheeled over their old dishwasher to my apartment. Now, I had made a previous arrangement with his wife to pay them for this machine. However, Logan would have nothing of it.

Later that afternoon when I tried to run it, the dang thing would not drain. I unwillingly went to Logan and told him what was going on. He dropped everything (they were moving, remember!) and came to my apartment and fixed the problem. Lame me, there was just a kink in the hose because I had not pulled it out all the way.

When a neighbor of ours was moving and had three hours to catch a flight with her son and her apartment was nowhere near being packed or clean, Logan volunteered to drive her u-haul to the storage unit for her. And unload it.

But perhaps Logan's biggest accomplishment, at least from a wife's point of view, is that he regularly cleaned out and vacuumed the Ditto van. At least twice a month, I bet.

Well, this afternoon, Josh beat Logan in at least one of these adoring qualities. Can you guess???

Yes, Josh vacuumed out the car for me today. Amazing. I was so happy that I did not have to do it! Of course, Logan would have removed the seats.

1 comment:

Becca said...

hahaha, I'm going to have Ben read this post. It's about time we get our car vacuumed out.