Saturday, January 31, 2009

Levi and Claire update

A quick update on my children...

First, Levi. Levi is totally into games right now. He loves them. His favorite is War, Monopoly, and Candy Land. We are always playing something with him and we quickly learned, kids love to cheat. We put an end to that though, neither Josh or I will play with him if he cheats.

Perhaps Levi's favorite game is Star Wars. I guess Star Wars is not technically a game, but him and Josh have lightsabor battles constantly. I tried to upload a video of them fighting, but cannot figure it out. It is hilarious. Levi will jump off the couch with his sword swinging, do a 360, and usually cut off Josh's foot. Basically, we should have named him Jedi. (ha ha, Jedi Knight, get it?)

Here are a couple photos of him and his precious. I love this picture. You can see the sheer concentration in his eyes as he tries not to clobber his sister.


On to Claire. The big news update on her is... she is potty-trained! She loves going to the bathroom and wearing underwear. Usually that is all she wears, as the photos below prove. When she has to go, she starts yelling "pee pee, mama! pee pee!" Last Sunday she did this rather loudly during church. Very entertaining for the folks nearby.

Here is Claire doing her favorite activity: taking whatever belongs to Levi and running away as fast as possible. Here she is with Levi's knight helmet. She is making a break for it on her scooter.



Joshua's new activity? Making fun of me. Okay, maybe that cannot be considered a NEW activity.

Apparently he has some sick childhood fear of granny squares. Maybe he was attacked by a ghost wearing a blanket made of granny squares when he was five. I don't know. But, I am crocheting myself a blanket of granny squares and every time I pull out my yarn to work on another square, the wise-cracks flood my ears.

Whatever. My blanket will be super warm. And I won't share with him.

No comments: