Monday, January 12, 2009

Hopefully there will be eight more...

Today Josh and I celebrate our eighth wedding anniversary.

Wow, eight is a lot. But let's be honest here. These past eight years have not been full of flowers and sunshine! We have had some rough goes over the years (and Saturday to be quite frank). There have been fights, cursing, sleeping in different rooms, and some serious threats made. Josh even claims the I hit him one time. I honestly do NOT remember that!

But there also has been love, affection, appreciation and gratitude. Josh may be sloppy, but he still gives the kids a bath every night. He may forget to compliment me on dinner, but he will eat whatever I put on the table, regardless of appearance or taste. Joshua may study a lot and work late hours, but he always manages to find time to read and play with Levi and Claire. He may consistently ask if we have any milk before he opens the fridge, but today, he made cookies with Levi. Josh and I may not agree on everything, but he believes that I am a good mother, and that means a lot.

Basically, Josh is not perfect. But, I know this is a shock, neither am I. In short, we are perfect for each other. I hope we have another eight years together. I will take the wonderful ones along with the crazy ones, by the way.

2 comments:

The Murray's said...

:) OH, totally forgot it was your anniversary yesterday!!! Congratulations!!!

My Three Sons said...

I love the he's not good at this but he's good and does this part of your story, that was good. I have noticed that as the years go on, it gets harder but so much better in a lot of areas of marriage. Keep it up - hope he thinks your a good wife too - as well as a good mom.