Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yes, she can handle two crazy kids

Once we found out that Josh had three interviews in three days in Michigan, I knew I wanted to tag along. I had never been to that state, and the dates were so close to our anniversary, it seemed like the perfect time to go. Not to mention that we used our airline miles and the flights were non-stop.

Luckily I have a wonderful mother who offered to buy a plane ticket from Anchorage to watch my children so that I could go. What a blessing. Of course, Josh and I had a great time. But apparently, so did my children. One sure sign, they did not want to talk to us on the phone the entire time we were gone. I could actually hear my mother in the background begging Levi to at least say "hi".

I am so extremely grateful that my mom came. It is hard that my family lives so far away. I try to talk to them about Uncle Ben and his family or Grandpa Jim and Grandma Ann often. We have pictures of my family around the house so my kids at least know what they look like. Levi, I know, really bonded with Grandma Ann when she was here. The other day he asked me if I remembered when we went to Alaska. I said yes, and he then sighed and said that he was ready to go back for a visit.

I know that it is hard on my mom too; us living a three-hour plane flight away. She loves Levi and Claire and did an exceptional job with my crazy children. She took Levi to school and took them both to church. They did fun stuff at home too, like decorating a gingerbread house, coloring, reading lots of books, going to Barnes & Nobel and playing War (the card came.)

Thanks mom. You are the best.



No comments: