Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Seattle vs Spokane

Our first month in Spokane has been fun, but it has also made me realize just how much Seattle impressed Levi. He seems to have this amazing little memory and he is constantly pointing out to me the differences between Seattle and Spokane. He is a funny guy! My favorite thing he does lately is this: when we are driving around town he will notice a store like Costco, or Taco Time, or UPS and then say "Mom! They have a (insert store name here) in Spokane! I didn't know they had a (insert store name here) in Spokane! I thought it was only in Seattle! Wow!" He is genuinely impressed that Spokane has the same type of stores as Seattle!

That got me thinking about the other Seattle-y ways that he acts. Here are a few that come to mind!

You know your children are true Seattlites when they:

1. Complain about how little the Spokane recycling trucks take from our recycle bin, and wonder why they did not take our empty cereal boxes.

2. Notice people smoking and constantly ask why he/she is smoking.

3. Hum along to NPR's All Things Considered theme song.

4. Ask when it will rain again. And then admit that they miss rain. Then complain that the sun is too hot.

5. Get as excited about going to the Farmer's Market as they get when going to a toy store.

6. Ask why Spokane does not have a Space Needle, and then say that everybody needs a Space Needle.

7. When asked to put something in the garbage, pause and ask, "which garbage Mom? Recycling or regular?"

8. Recognize any and all Obama signs, posters, adds and pictures.

9. Get upset at Mom because she forgot her reusable grocery bags when going grocery shopping.

10. Ask why we can't see Mount Rainier any more.

4 comments:

Tina said...

That's so funny. The last one was a little sad though.

Erka said...

Cute post! Levi has such an amazing mind!

KaSh said...

haha..so funny! I can't stop laughing.I love that he asks, which garbage? that is so seattle..haha.

I love your house by the way!!! so jealous of all the space that you have.

Jessica Jo said...

I love it! How great that they are so environmentally conscious! I have to say, I miss the ease of Seattle and recycling too :(