Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boy Problems

It seems like Josh and I have a bully on our hands. Okay, that may be a bit of a harsh assessment, but I have noticed lately that Levi has been using violence lately as a tool when he is mad. Today it went to the extreme. He pushed Claire down this morning and was given a time out. This afternoon, while I was gone, he tried to push Luke off a chair. Leslie gave him another time out. This evening, as we were at the doors to the YMCA for Claire's swimming lessons he pushed Claire again. This one was quite bad.

At the entrance to the Y there is a handicap button that opens the doors. Levi and Claire both like to push it. Today Claire beat Levi and she pushed the button. Levi got mad, grabbed her dress and threw her to the ground. She scraped up her knees and they were bad enough that she could not go in the pool, hence, no swimming lessons.

Immediately after, I took both of them to the car and decided that Levi would have to spend the rest of the night in his room. He could come out for dinner, but no stories, no tv, no playing. I hope this punishment gets through.

Is this normal? Is this just boys? Or a stage of 4 year olds? Maybe it is too much Star Wars? I don't know. All I know, is that I have to nip this in the butt before it gets to be too much of a problem.

Here is a Claire funny: You know the youtube video of the wedding couple walking down the isle to Chris Brown's song Forever? Okay, if you don't, where have you been?? Anyway, that song just came on while I was typing this post and Claire said "Oh, Mama! The wedding song! I wanna get married!"

Here is the link, if you have been living in a cave for the past week!


2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm not worried about Levi, I know you'll nip it. Thanks for the wedding video. I have been living in a cave! It was so funny.

Shauna said...

Haha, I feel like I have a 4 year old boy! Belize also likes to get physical when she gets mad. I've tried lots of things but lately I've been sticking with, "let the punishment fit the crime" so if she beats up on Rio she can't play with him for awhile, which also makes her want to play with him more, hehehehe. Levi's list was soooo adorable, I could just imagine Josh and Levi running around checking it off. Cute!