Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The No Girls Club

Will and Luke are over playing with Levi and Claire today. Well, I guess I should say that Will and Luke are over playing with Levi today. That is right, today is the first day that they have verbally forbidden Claire to play with them. In their defense, Claire did have this coming. For the past three or four days, she has been slowly testing their patience (which, in four and five year old boys, is already non-existent). Anyway, for their past few play dates, Claire has been intentionally breaking their lego millennium falcon ships, she steals their light sabers, she purposely takes their water glasses, runs away with them, then, when they have caught up to her, she spills the water all over the floor. In short, Claire is asking for some sort of retribution from the three boys. Today, she got it.

Levi, Will, and Luke made a fort yesterday in my linen closet. Yesterday it was just a fun place to play. Today it became the Boys Club. They even went as far as to make signs to keep Claire away. They asked for help spelling of course. I was able to talk them out of the first sign they wanted to make "No Stupid Girls Allowed". Luke came up with that one. I told him, that since Claire was not stupid, she would think that she was allowed in their club. He quickly changed his mind to just "No Girls".

So here are the boys and their signs.



And this is how I found Claire. Sitting against her bedroom door, by herself, reading dinosaur books and playing with her dinosaurs. Poor Claire.

Actually, as I type this post, all four of them are playing in L & C's room, rather pleasantly, I might add! They are talking about which one of them will teach Claire Jedi Knight moves, because, since she is Princess Leia, she does not know any and has to be taught. Levi just offered Will 50 dollars to teach her. Now they are searching for Claire's light saber. Cute!

On another note, Luke did make Claire the happiest girl in the world the other day. Since they are moving and Will & Luke do not play with their Lightning McQueen cars anymore, Luke decided to give them to Claire since she is totally obsessed with Mr. McQueen.


2 comments:

Becca said...

I love the pictures of you and Claire down below! So, I've been without internet for 2 weeks! I don't know how I've been able to survive. Anyway, I'm sending you an email today that includes some email addresses you wanted. I miss you!!

The Murray's said...

LOL, that's too cute! Man, Levi is tall compared to his friends...