Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our New Home

The Knight family has officially spent three weeks living east of the Cascade Mountains. We are actually liking it over here, although, I am nostalgic for Seattle. Perhaps I always will. There is just something about living within walking distance to Anthropologie... ahhh...

Anyway, here are some photos of our new place. The front of the duplex; we are on the left.
Here is a view from our driveway looking down the road. We are on a dead-end road, with only two houses past us. Needless to say, we hardly have any traffic and the kids ride their bikes in the dirt. Levi calls it "off roading." I can't wait for winter! I think we will have an awesome sledding hill!
At the bottom of our dead-end dirt road is this path that leads to a nice park. Right now they are building a huge outdoor swimming pool at that park complete with water slides and indoor changing area. Supposedly it will be finished in September. I just hope that we get a couple swims in before fall!

Here is our back yard.


And here is the house! This is what you see when you walk in the front door.

Here is another view, just looking at the front door.

And the kitchen. Basically, you walk down the above all, and run into the kitchen.

And from the kitchen you see...
The rest of the downstairs! My kitchen is great. It is so huge, with electrical outlets everywhere! I also have a pantry. A pantry! I love it!
Various shots of the living room and dining room.

Next is the upstairs. All three bedrooms are upstairs together with (get this) the laundry room! It is AMAZING having the washer and dryer on the same floor as all the bedrooms. What a great idea! I also have a linen closet. It is divine. Here is the guest room/sewing room.

Levi and Claire's bedroom:


Their bathroom:

And their play area that is outside of their bathroom and the guest bedroom.


You will notice that there are some pictures missing from these shots. The garage and Josh's and my room. Right now the garage is home to the boxes that I do not want to open and all our outdoor equipment. It is such a mess; Josh and I both keep putting off organizing it. Ugh. I have to do it soon though; it is so bloody hot here! Our van is such a sauna.

My room. Also not done. But, I can tell you that our room is flipping huge! A bit too big, in my opinion. But we have a huge walk-in-closet (which I love) and our own bathroom (also love it)!

So eventually, I will finish this place, take pictures, enjoy it for a few months, then take it all down again. Ahh. The joys of moving!

Basically, our house is great, but our neighbors suck. Well, I should say ex-neighbors. As of today, they are officially gone! Now, anybody that knows me, knows that I am kind of nosey. So, the other night as they were chatting on the front porch after loading their u-haul, I poured myself a big glass of iced tea, and plastered my ear to the door, as to better hear what was being said.

Oh My Gosh. I am so glad they are gone! One of the many discussions the ex-neighbors were having was an argument about how many times the cops had been called on them in the six-month tenure on Hartson Avenue. Now, in my opinion, having the cops called one time on you is already too much, but apparently, to my ex-neighbors, one is normal. I would even guess that two, or even three would have been acceptable. But lo, the police had been called to our duplex-sharers six times in the past six months. Now, the police have been here two times since we have moved in, but the exes were not even counting those times!

The reasons the police were called just prove how glad I am that they are gone. Here are two, just to give an example. The mom was out clubbing one night and apparently got a stalker who followed her home and she then called the police. Keep in mind this mom has two boys at home. A five year old and a three year old. Her partner (?) is serving in Iraq. Anyway, stalker, first example. Second? Seems as if she was yelling at her kids so much that the people who lived in our half called CPS because it sounded like she was beating her kids.

As this mom, her mom, and two friends that were helping the family move, were talking about the police incidents, they were laughing. As if it was all normal. Oh yeah, and she constantly cussed at her children and in front of her kids. Wonderful example.

Hopefully we will get some great new neighbors soon. But not too soon!

8 comments:

The Murray's said...

OMG! I LOVE the house! I can't believe you have it all organized and clean! Looks soooo nice!

OH, and GLAD those neighbors are GONE! ;)

Ummm... what's wrong w/ your email?? Tried a couple times, and it keeps coming back. ? Email me? lol

Christine said...

I am in love with your kitchen! Mine is a cave...so jealous. :)

Carrie McCoy said...

I couldn't agree more in how wonderful it is to have the laundry room next to the bedrooms. How come that isn't normal?

Becca said...

LOVE your new place!! Your neighbor story is funny. What perfect timing..you moving in, them moving out!

Juliana S. said...

Amazing! It all looks so wonderful!

Tina said...

Naomi you are hilarious, eavesdropping on our neighbors and then blogging about it!?! But the house looks great. I can see why you chose it. Enjoy it while you can. We just finished up VCS today. It didn't seem the same without you guys. We really needed Levi as the 4-5 year old class was all girls. I'll try to blog about it soon so you can see the pictures.

The Kiers said...

Wow, it looks great! Hopefully you'll get good neighbors, too!

Erka said...

I love your place! What a kitchen! I am so happy for you! And I do hope you get some decent neighbors soon!