Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life in Spokane

I hate to admit it, but I actually like Spokane. The weather is incredible, the parks are impeccable, there are not a lot of people, and the scenery is beautiful. There are somethings about Spokane that I do not like however. A lot of people smoke here. A lot. They have uncontrolled intersections and there is no Trader Joe's. I can get over all but TJ's!

Here are some of our recent activities:

Climbing Trees



Swimming





Gone to Splash Pads


Strawberry Picking

Hiking


On the schedule for this week? Farmer's Market on Wednesday, Playgroup and The Cherry Festival on Thursday, a kid's concert on the Riverfront called Kid-Stock on Friday and bike riding the Centennial Trail to find bat caves on Saturday.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You are such a cool Mom. My schedule for the week is like this: Clean the house, yell at kids for making a mess, clean the house some more. Repeat.

The Knight Family said...

Oh don't worry Christine, I have plenty of that in our schedule too!

Erka said...

Spokane seems like a pretty cool place!That water park looks really nice, and wow, nice hiking places and trees to climb! I feel really bad there's no Trader Joe's there for you! I don't know how I could handle it myself! I know the smoking is so annoying, the sad thing is that most places are like that too! We are really spoiled here in Seattle where most people are health conscious.

Hannah said...

So, I pretty much love Spokane and go there at least once a year to visit Whitney. I love Seattle more, but find myself pleasantly surprised with Spokane. It gets wicked hot there!!! I will be there at the end of August, so we must see eachother!