Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mr. Dirty

Introducing the newest member of our family... Mr Dirty!
Levi has a new pet. And, since we can't have cats or dogs, or any other imaginable animal in our apartment, he found a pet that he can keep. At least for now. A worm. We found him on our porch as I was sweeping the massive amounts of dead leaves away. And since it always rains in Washington, a soaking wet cement porch covered with dead leaves is a perfect place for a worm.

Levi found a bowl and filled it with dirt for the worm. Last night he had a complete melt-down because Claire fed the worm strawberry Gatorade and Levi thought the worm died. He has now been moved to a new bowl, with non-strawberry flavored dirt. And I have been repeatedly assured that this worm is a boy.
Levi actually is pretty creative with his names. He has several stuffed animals that have names; a bat named Goofy, a two-headed dragon named Fire and Cargo, and a triceratops named Snotty. Our car is named George. Although not creative, he was in a Curious George phase.
On another note...we are barely surviving now that Josh is gone. The kids have not seen him in over a week and he does not get back until next Saturday! He says the interview are going well, and he is flying to Rochester as I type.
I was quite POed at my hubby yesterday. Rochester turns out to be a very expensive place to rent a car and hard to find a hotel with airport transportation. I spent at least three hours trying to find a car for him, a hotel for him, transportation to the interview and dinner, when he calls me and says... "oh, I just checked my emails and Rochester Hospital is providing all transportation and hotels" WHAT! Seriously, now that I am single-momming it AND Christmas is two weeks away, I have much better ways of spending three hours. Not to mention that this email was sent November 3rd! ACK! Is it really that hard to be organized?

3 comments:

Juliana S. said...

Yes Naomi it is hard to be organized!! and the worm thing! Hilllarious!

Christine said...

Jessica had a pet caterpillar when she was about his age--she named him Squirmy. Squirmy died of an overabundance of love, as well as suffocation...

The Interrante Family said...

Yes...it was another guys turn to use the brain...I share they all share 1.

Worms are great ..(evidently they taste good too, the dog loves to dig them up and eat them)