Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The best of 2008

Well, 2008 is almost over. It is still boggles my mind to think that it is almost 2009. Wow. In my opinion, the end of a year is a perfect time to make a "best of" list. Everybody does it! The best books, the best movies, the best actors; you get the picture. My "best of 2008" are all things that I learned about, or purchased within the past 12 months (okay, there are two exceptions). Some things have been around a long time, and I am just now discovering the joy they bring into my life. Just shows how out of touch I am!

I am proud to introduce Naomi Knight's Greatest Things of 2008:
(p.s. there is no real order here, just the order that I uploaded the photos)

1. Technically, I did not discover Virgin Airlines, Joshua did. He flew to LA earlier in the year to take Step 3 of the USMLE. But when Josh came home raving about the plane, I knew it was a good one. I just wish they flew more places! Anyway, the plane has all leather seats, each seat has its own tv, and everything is ordered off of these touch-screen tvs. Totally a tech-persons plane. Josh loved it!
2. This is not your grandmother's boxed wine! (did our grandmother's even have boxed wine? I don't think so...oh well). One Black Box is equal to four bottles of wine! And I can always find them on sale at Safeway for under $20. Great deal. And the wine is great. Perfect for relaxing after putting two kids to bed.
3. I just bought this olive tapenade two days ago at Trader Joe's. Whoa. Why did I wait so long? So heavenly, so salty. Perfect on crackers. I ate half the container in one sitting.
4. I got my first i-pod a couple years ago, but after the car accident, Josh surprised me and got me an upgrade to the nano. I love this thing. Not only is there a color screen, perfect for missed tv episodes, but it has solitaire. I waste many hours playing. Currently, I have $9,576 in my bank. I am desperately trying to reach $10,000. I know, my goals in life are amazing. Mine is pink.
5. More food... These are caramels that are hand-made in Montana. The company is called Bequet Gourmet Caramel. I am not kidding when I say that this is perhaps the best thing I have ever tasted. Ever. Totally serious. Buy them. Lots of them. I know Metropolitan Market in Seattle has them; for all you crazy Alaskans, maybe you can buy online or something. The shipping will be so worth it and you will call me thanking me for your purchase. I promise.
6. I am possibly the last person on the earth to try mineral make-up, but am glad I tried it. I was at the Alderwood mall one day and a girl in a kiosk asked if she could show me some products. This stuff goes on so smooth and easily, it is amazing. But the real reason why I love it is simple. I always fall asleep without washing my face. Just tired I guess (wonder why!). Now I don't have to feel guilty!
7. How can I leave out Blogger??? It is the perfect way to stay in touch with my fan base (mom) and post pictures of my angels. Plus I get to see what long-lost and new-found friends are doing and how their kids are growing. I love it and am addicted to it. Blogger and Facebook. Addicted.
8. Wow, more food. But, like the others, worth it! Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream. Expensive, but delicious. So delicious. No yucky stuff it it either. A green company too! Located right here in Washington. Blackberry and Coffee are my favorites.
9. My first rule-breaking entry. Technically I did not discover Lululemon pants in 2008. Josh actually bought a pair for me for Christmas 2007, but really, only a week away from 2008, so close enough right? Right. So I have a pair of workout pants, but they have a full line of exercise clothes. But women go to Lululemon for their pants. Why, you may ask? It is all about the butt. Your butt looks perfect in a pair of these pants. I have no idea why, and I really don't care. All I need to know is that I can reach butt-perfection (well, close enough for me) while wearing my pants. Plus, they are SO comfortable.
10. Second rule-breaking entry. And another Christmas present from Josh in 2007. Not much I can say about Coach's perfume, except that it is perfect. I am not into smelling like a flower garden, but I do like to smell nice, and this perfume does it. Coach used to give out free samples... not sure if they still are, but worth researching.
11. Wow, this is a big picture. This is a new phone by a company called LG. the phone is called the VU. With Josh being gone a lot and me being gone a lot, the one cell phone family was not cutting it. So we upgraded. I think we went to the highest rung possible! But, I do have to hand it to Josh. He totally did all the research and found these phones, which retail for over $300/each, for free. That is right: FREE. All we had to pay was the overnight shipping charges of $14.95. We even got car chargers and extra memory cards for free too. Josh has unlimited Internet on his phone and I have unlimited tv on mine. Seems crazy I know, but I already used the tv this weekend on the ferry ride to visit Will and Luke. Sponge Bob was one and Levi was entertained while I read a book. Another great buy.
There you have it, my top eleven discoveries of 2008.

3 comments:

Juliana S. said...

Love the list! And wow, all I have to say is my list would have had more food on there:)

Ser said...

Fun list! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

Oh, and I scrolled back to your November archives because I was getting depressed while looking at the blogs of all the old Alaskan crowd regarding Obama. I'm glad you wrote in support of Obama. I feel so sad when I read people ranting and saying, "How could any Christian vote for Obama?" A lot of thoughtful, life-honoring, serious Christians can and did. Amen, sister!

Oh, and your kiddos are so cute.

Jessica Jo said...

I second Lululemon pants and the perfect butt! I LOVE them! I wear them practically every day now...since everything has to be elastic waste anyway, my butt might as well look it's best :)