Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Love Portland

Okay, lets make this quick and easy. I love Portland. Must I say more?

Josh and I came down for a couple days so that he could interview at Providence St. Vincent and Legacy Emmanuel Hospitals. They are both first year programs. Christian and Veronica graciously offered to watch our gremlins, oh, I mean kids. V says it is going okay so far. Claire only woke up at 4:30 this morning screaming for Mommy and would not go to sleep and Levi smashed his fingers in the door. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. But let's talk about Portland.

Okay, well I guess I don't really know a lot. All I know is that we went to the Pearl District and the Alphabet District. AMAZING. For anybody who likes cute, unique, small boutiques, these are the places to be! We found a fabulous restaurant called McMemamins. Josh had the beer-battered fish and chips. He said it was great. He did not want to share. I had the hummus platter which was warm pita bread, kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and, of course, hummus. It was to die for! Plus we both had their seasonal beer on tap. WOW. I would come to Portland again just to eat there. http://www.mcmenamins.com/

Then, as we walked around, we found a place called Moonstruck. It was a chocolate cafe! Yumm! Another reason to go to Portland was found. http://www.moonstruckchocolate.com/

Josh says that my reasons for where we go to residency are not really based on anything substantial. I disagree. I mean, you do have to eat and sleep, right? Why not have a nice house AND eat at nice restaurants? And shopping, just an added bonus.

1 comment:

Tina said...

McMenamins is great, there's one in Queen Anne. So if you end up staying here by some chance you can still go there.