Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Claire

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!

I can hardly believe you have only been with us for two years. Your presence in this family seems familiar and normal. Your extraordinary personality is sometimes a challenge, but your smile and your kisses make your tantrums worth it.

I thought it would be fun to have your friends and family describe you in one word. Here they are!

Grandma Ann: persistent
Grandpa Jim: affectionate
Grandma Kay: determined
Uncle Christian: defiant
Aunt Veronica: feisty
Eleanor: funny
Uncle Aaron: charismatic
Uncle Ben: cute
Aunt Cyprianna: spunky
Aunt Lora: headstrong
Sbeenti (godmother): active
Khalila: playful
Donna: determined
Leeanna: feisty
Papa: flirty
Mama: "o-tay"

As you can clearly see, while these traits are tiring and difficult at times now, they will serve you well in adulthood. You make everyone around you smile and laugh. Your voice is sultry and husky; bringing faint smiles to those who stand next to us at church. You love to sing; you know so many songs it would be impossible to list. Miraculously, you love playing with Levi, but definitely need your space from him. There are many times when I find you playing by yourself, perfectly content driving a car on your garage, or pushing a train down the tracks.

Incidentally, you like much of the same things Levi likes. However, you do like one thing that he despises: talking on the phone. It does not matter who I am talking to, you always have to say Hi. Your "hi's" last a long time, and you often carry on a full conversation with whomever is at the end of the line.

You are extremely active. Your favorite activity is swimming, and I am constantly amazed at the risks you are willing to take. That goes for out of the pool too! Many times you are copying your brother, but once you discover you can jump off the couch, or put your face under water, you become so proud of yourself and keep right on going.

I cried the day you were born out of sheer joy, and you still bring tears of joy to my eyes. I love you so much.


P.S. I don't know why nobody stated the obvious, but I will. Bitty, you are loud!

2 comments:

James Marcel Patras said...

I would like to point out, that as an uncle, I think that she is crazy. Just giving my input...

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I didn't know you guys liked to swim, we should go sometime, Belize hasn't been since summer! Yeah for no work on Thursday! Hope Josh gets home safely.