Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Joshua J. Knight, M.D.

On the day of graduation, my true love gave to me,
All the love and patience I needed to get my M.D.


Well, I am finally getting around to blogging about Josh's graduation. I know, it was over three weeks ago! But, in my defense, we have been rather busy in the Knight household! So this will be short and sweet.

Here is Josh in the morning trying on his gown before heading over to the ceremony. He had to be there an hour before it started, so I dropped him off and then the rest of the family meet at my house and we all walked over.
Levi thought the black robe looked a lot like Darth Vader's. Josh could not resist picking up the light saber.All the graduates enter at the same time and the crowd stands and claps. Here is Claire when she sees Josh.

Can you see him? Fourth one from the right.Here he is getting hooded. Not a good angle, but it really happened!At the end they all stand and recite the Hippocratic Oath. All the happy family pictures!

The SECOND most supportive person in Josh's life!



We all walked home after graduation. It was a blast walking through U-Village with Josh while he had all his garb on! We got some looks!

We had a small party at our house after graduation.

This is the gift from Claire and Levi. It is a poem that we had professionally written in calligraphy about how MD stands for My Daddy. It is really a cute poem; their handprints are on either side.

Josh's aunt and uncle flew up from Kansas!


3 comments:

The Murray's said...

Josh, I am so proud of you! So proud of the accomplishments you have set out to conquer, and with much success! Keep up the great work DOC! :) Have fun, and remember all the hard work YOU did, and what it took to get to this point in your life. You are an inspiration to a lot of people, including me! Love you, C

Becca said...

Yay, congrats Josh! What an accomplishment. Naomi you look smokin!

Andrea said...

Congrats to you! I love your post title. Such a proud and supportive wife. I bet everyone is relieved it is all "over"!