Sunday, November 9, 2008

YMCA

We joined the Y.

Today, right after church, we had a family outing.

We first dropped the kids off at the play area. Josh and I then went and worked out ALONE. We did weights and cardio ALONE. It was amazing. Levi and Claire had a blast playing, and then, the whole family went swimming.

Claire loves swimming. Josh's brother, Christian, bought her a swimsuit with a built in flotation device when he went to a conference in Colorado (uh oh. Colorado is on my axis-of-evil list... does this make the swimsuit evil too?) Anyway, Claire is so obsessed with swimming, that I have to hide her suit, otherwise she will wear it all day, every day.

In fact, when we were getting ready for the UW Halloween party a couple weeks ago, she refused to get into her costume because she was wearing her swimsuit. She even takes naps in the suit. She is obsessed.

But she loves swimming, so right now, that is my bargaining tool. "Clarie, do you want to go swimming today? Well, eat your sandwich." or "Claire, do you want to go swimming today? Okay, then be nice to Levi." or "Claire, do you want to go swimming today? Then go and empty the dishwasher."

Okay, that last one is a little far-fetched. But I do make her put her dirty dishes in the sink. I have to follow her though; she likes to throw them in the trash instead. Punk.

Anyway, the Y is fantastic. I like that I get to exercise and the kids can play. Normally, Claire and I will go while Levi is at school, since the Y is not even a block from his school. It is fantabulous.

Just another day in the life of Claire.

No comments: