Friday, November 14, 2008

I think I have just about had it

With Survivor of course.

In case there is any confusion, I am a fan of Survivor. Go ahead, take your cheap shots now. Finished? Great.

Anyway, I like Survivor, but I am just about sick of this season. Seriously, the remaining players are all idiots (except Bob) and at every tribal council, the weaker team members vote out the strong team members, and then they whine the next day because there is nobody around to build them a fire, or catch a fish or whatever they want to complain about. It is so unsurvivorish.

One might say, well obviously this method is working, at least for the physically and mentally weaker survivors. They are still around, beating out the strong ones. But I only have this to say. Those morons are still on the show and still blindsiding people and still making horrible decisions only because the producers of Survivor have to keep mixing and shuffling the teams up.

In the beginning, when there were two tribes, one got beat consistently. AT EVERY CHALLENGE. They lost so many teammates at tribal council, that in order for the game to continue, the writers, or producers, or whoever, reorganized the tribes three times!

Anyway, I may be done. Kenny makes me really mad. He thinks that he is that bag of chips every woman wants. But really, he is hardly worth the salt on a tortilla. Sugar is an airhead, Corrine has anger issues and Randy is definitely mental.

My respect, and now prayers, go out to Bob. He is the oldest tribe member and a physics professor. But he is a good nerd. You know how some girls wear their buff as a bikini top? Some as headbands or scarfs? Bob ties his into a bow-tie! Adorable!

So last night, but tonight for me, Bob was castaway to exile island. He searched for the hidden immunity idol, but Sugar beat him WEEKS ago. So what did he do? Did he lounge around? No; he built his own fake idol. Ah, some die-hard Survivor fans may be saying... Wasn't that tried last season? Why, yes it was. However, unlike last seasons counterfeit idol, Bob's actually looked like the real thing! Luckily I am not that lame, since I do not remember the people that made the last fake immunity idol. All it was was a stick. No creativity there. Check out Bob's:

2 comments:

Carrie McCoy said...

Sam also gave up on Survivor...as he says...35 seasons ago! :-)
Don't give up Naomi! I also, am a diehard Survivor fan and get ridiculed by all my friends and family for being so obsessed. Last night was frustrating for me to, but I also thought Bob's fake immunity idol was AMAZING! I also liked when he was talking about how all of his aliance got voted off. He said, "Basically, I am history, and that's funny 'cause I teach science...get it?" And then he made himslef laugh! :-) well, anyway, it was funny to me!
Go Bob!

Tina said...

I don't watch Survivor (used to all the time though). But TV game shows have pretty strict rules to follow. One being that all those challenges and team switches have to be preplanned way in advance before the game is even started. Probably so the writers and producers can't manipulate the game as you are suggesting. This rule came up once during a Big Brother season (one of few that I watched). This is how I know such trivial info.