Monday, September 15, 2008

Has it really been this long???

Wow, I cannot believe that my last post was over a month ago. That is a long time in the blogging world. At least I have lots of things to show for not bragging about my life. We have been so busy! The weather in Seattle has been PERFECT for three weeks now. I think that we have been to Matthews Beach twice each week for swimming and sanding. I will get around to posting about our awesome summer some other time.

Today was Levi's first day back at preschool. This is the second year that Holy Apostles Preschool has been in operation and this year the school is going to start fund raising projects. We had a pre-preschool meeting on Friday where one fund raising idea was discussed. I am so excited about this one too!

On the day after Thanksgiving the city of Seattle hosts the Seattle Marathon. Well, of course, they have a kids marathon. No, I will not make Levi run a marathon before he is 4, but he will walk a marathon before he turns 4!

The kids marathon works like this: Each child walk their 26 miles one mile at a time. They will keep track of their mileage and then by the time Turkey Day rolls around, they should only have 1.2 miles left to walk. All the kids (the web-site says 4000) will "finish" their marathon by walking the last 1.2 miles together. They also get a medal for completing. Sounds great huh!

So Holy Apostles Preschool decided to turn this event into a fundraising event! Each kids will ask people to sponsor them for each mile they walk. This totally reminds me of the "Walk for Hope" that I EVERY summer growing up. I don't know if they do it anymore, since a quick Google search turned up nothing. Anyway, the point is, is that I did the same thing. Neat huh.

So, here is the money begging part of this post. Skip this if you don't want to sponsor an adorable three-year old! But if you do, Levi is looking for sponsors!

1 comment:

The Labrecque Family said...

So does this mean you are not coming up here for thanksgiving??