Monday, September 22, 2008

The rest of July

Okay, so I just finished downloading 500 pictures from my camera. The kids are in bed, I have my wine, Josh is studying, Dancing with the Stars is on, and I am now ready to sit here and blog. Prepare yourself.

Oh so long ago I was blogging about our July vacation. Well the rest of our trip was a blast. We went to Plymouth Plantation, Plymouth Rock, did the Boston walk tour, visited a dairy farm, had a large extended family bar-b-que, and did lots of swimming in my sisters big pool. All in all, a great vacation.

Right when we got home from New England we had Josh's family from Kansas here for a week. Josh's uncle Marvin, his wife Pam and their kids Aubrey and Zachary. Zach is 5, so he and Levi hit it off fast. As always with the Knight family, the activities are all physical! While the kids and I were still in NE, Josh and his family went hiking at Barclay Lake. Later in the week we all went kayaking in Lake Washington and the grade finale was a white-water rafting trip down the Skykomish river. Christian was our guide and Josh was our kayak support. Obviously he did a good job, since we are all still here.

Here is our raft at the beginning of the trip.


Aubrey:


Levi and Zach:

For the rest of July we:

Went to the Greenlake wading pool with Will & Luke



Went to the new Olympic Sculpture Park

Went to the Woodland Park Zoo with a bunch of moms and kids from church


Went to the Ravenna wading pool with Eleanor

I love this picture of Eleanor!

And finally, at the very end of July, our dear friends Leslie, Pat, Will and Luke moved out of student housing. Pat and Leslie had a good-bye party before they packed up and began their adult lives.

No comments: