Monday, December 27, 2010

Way Behind & Winter Hike

I just uploaded over 300 pictures from our cameras to my computer. As I was looking through them, I realized that I am super far behind at blogging! I just know that the world is dying to know exactly what the Knight family has been up to this past month!

So, in order to play catch up, I have decided to do a blog a day. That is right, one blog post each day until I have caught up with all the adventures going on down here. I know that I will get at least two days done. Today, since I am doing it now, and tomorrow, since Levi turns six on that day. Beyond that, no promises.

So here is my post for today:

Lake Serene in December

The first weekend in December, Josh, the kids, and I drove to Washington do to a Thanksgiving meal with his family. My sis-in-law and I know that Thanksgiving dinner at the Knight family means a lot of sitting down, a lot of football, a lot of crying/whining/fighting/complaining children, a lot of stress, and a lot of fattening (but delicious) food. We thought we would deal with all that negativism by doing a early morning hike up to Lake Serene. Our friend Jule joined us.

For those of you not in Washington State, Lake Serene is properly named. Round trip the hike is a bit over 7 miles. It is also a 2000 foot elevation gain, hence, it is also not an easy hike! For all three of us, it was our first time hiking to the lake in the winter, and it was totally worth it. For starters, it was a beautiful day for a hike! Sunny and cold. We had snow then entire hike. The first 2/3 was hard, compact and icy snow. But the last 1/3 was the fluffy powdery stuff. It was also way past our knees!

There were quite a few other brave hikers that we passed; going up and down. But I have to say, we were the burliest of all hikers. No walking aids, no falls, and no pansy-slow-walking. Yep, we are awesome. Here are the best photos of the day:











No comments: