Sunday, December 12, 2010

Old Testament Fathers

Today is Levi and Joshua's Saint day. The second Sunday before Christmas is when the Orthodox church remembers all the Old Testament Forefathers and Foremothers. There are some incredible stories and inspiring people that many people are blessed to be named for. Our priest gave a fantastic homily this morning highlighting a few of them. Click here to be taken to the website and the link to his homily is in the lower right corner.

Anyway, both my boys have Old Testament saints. (I do too, but Ruth is remembered the Sunday before Christmas because she is part of the genealogy of Christ)

I got Levi this book of saints because he has recently been expressing a lot of interest in the lives of saints. I really do need to educate myself too; so that I can answer some of his questions!

Anyway Levi loves this book so far! I would recommend for any 'active' boy!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Naomi, have you read No Greater Love by Mother Teresa? We just read it for book club and it was so wonderful I had to go buy it to read again! I think you would love it! Sorry, I was just reminded of it because of "Saints"- haha.