Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Before & After

Well, my mom is back from China, so I will have to start updating this blog a bit more regularly. It is not like nothing has been happening around the Knight household. Quite the contrary. We have been uber-busy: packing, moving, traveling, working, unpacking, remodeling, adjusting, and driving each other crazy.

But things are slowly starting to settle and we have gotten ourselves into a mini-routine. I am liking this one rather nicely and I hope that it works well once school starts in September. Basically we do our grocery shopping on Monday, Tuesday is laundry, Wednesday is cleaning day, Thursday is "Adventure Day" and Friday I am hoping will become a baking day.

Claire is in charge of Adventure Day this week and she saw a picture from a walking guide book of Portland. She chose that picture which is a bike ride a bit north of us in Vancouver, WA.

I thought I would finally get some house pictures out there, since we finally have all the boxes done. Not totally done, mind you, just moved to the garage for me to deal with at another time.

So here are the before and after pictures of a few rooms. Enjoy!

KITCHEN BEFORE:
KITCHEN AFTER:

LIVING ROOM BEFORE:

LIVING ROOM AFTER:

EATING NOOK BEFORE:

EATING NOOK AFTER:
FAMILY ROOM BEFORE: FAMILY ROOM AFTER:

6 comments:

Becca said...

Wow!! What a difference! Is the flooring laminate or wood? Did you lay it yourself? It is amazing how much flooring can improve your home. Also, did you pull all of the flooring up yourself? I'm asking, because we're in the same boat right now.

Shauna said...

Ah! I'm so jeal! Your house is huge and totally cute, I hope you guys love living in portland, if you need some good eating recommendations downtown, let me know!

Christine said...

I love how much brighter the kitchen looks!! We're going to be doing a remodel next summer, and now I am totally inspired!

Erka said...

So much space! I love your new house! Good job with the remodeling! Now, is the house in the city, or in a nearby suburb?

Monica said...

I love your new house, It looks great.

The Murray's said...

=) LOVE IT! You've both done such a great job opening up and brightening up!