Sunday, August 23, 2009

Heidi & Peter


The nice thing about having this new and big house, is that I get a sewing room. Sure, it doubles as the guest room and occasional play room, but ultimately, it is my sewing room. We have only been in Spokane for a little over two months and I have already finished my first quilt.

We went to Montana a while ago, and Claire really fell in love with two goats at the farm: Heidi and Peter. They really were super cute. Very gentile and always together. Anyway, she talked about them non-stop. So Heidi & Peter became the theme of my first quilt in Spokane. Naturally, it was for Claire.


I hand-quilted her name in the squares.

Here is Claire pointing out Heidi & Peter on the back of her quilt.

And here is a close-up of Heidi & Peter.

And now I get to start Levi's next quilt. Any guesses on the theme? I will give one hint: it involves light sabers.

2 comments:

Erka said...

I loved that quilt! Your kids are lucky to have such a talented and dedicated mother!

The Murray's said...

love it!