Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Big Government. Matthew Good Style

I first found this on a friend's facebook page. I liked it and thought I would pass it along here as well. Be sure to check out www.matthewgood.org!

A friend emailed this to me. It’s priceless…

“This morning I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the Public Power Monopoly regulated by the US department of energy. I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility. After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather would be like today using satellites designed, built and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I did this while eating my breakfast of US Department of Agriculture inspected food and taking drugs determined safe by the Federal Drug Administration.

At a time that has been kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the US Naval Observatory, I got into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved automobile and set out to work on roads built and maintained by local, state and federal departments of transportation. I checked my mail delivered by the US Postal Service and dropped the kids of at public school, then stopped for fuel of a quality regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.

After work I drove my NHTSA car on DOT roads back home, which has not burned down because of state and local building codes and a fire marshal’s inspection. My house has not been plundered in my absence because of the local police department.

I then log onto the internet which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration and post here on AWE, in freerepublic.com and of course the Fox News forums about how socialized health care is bad because the government can’t do anything right.”

3 comments:

The Labrecque Family said...

Are you serious? Do you really believe this garbage?

The Knight Family said...

I simply think that it is ironic that it is okay for the government to offer tons of "socialized" services, yet when they want to offer another option for healthcare insurance, people freak out. These are the same people that use the libraries, the public school systems, and the fire and police services. I thought it was a funny way of looking at all the services the government does provide very well.

The Labrecque Family said...

Naomi,
The fact is all of those services that government provides, they provide poorly. Healthcare would be no different.