Monday, February 23, 2009

I got a raise!

It is a great feeling getting a raise. You feel like your boss or supervisor respects you, thinks you do great work, feels that you are valuable.

But what sucks, is getting a raise for $0.05/hour just because the minimum wage rate went up in your state at the beginning of the year. Seriously, all the ladies at "the gym" got a $0.05 per hour raise effective January 1st. Let me tell you how this raise will effect our household:

Now I will get 15 cents more each day I work. Since I only work 2 days, that is 30 cents. Let's just average four weeks per month and my monthly income went up $1.20. Amazing isn't it!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I feel like a billionaire and am having a hard time deciding what to spend my extra cash flow on! :)

Jabran said...

The stimulus package is already working!

Becca said...

I like how I called the gym this afternoon to see if anyone signed up, and the girl at the desk tells me that Bruce dropped all of the evening shifts. Without any warning! Yea, thanks for the 5 cent raise!

The Labrecque Family said...

I like Jabran's thinking.