Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dragons are cool. Singing birds are not.

I have to admit, I was a bit worried when Levi picked out his new toothbrush at Bartells last week. It has a huge picture of Belle. It is pink and purple. I got a bit more worried the other night at dinner when he fought Claire for the pink plate. I almost blew my cool when Levi picked out a princess movie at the community center this afternoon.

Josh just takes it all in stride, letting Levi brush his teeth, eat his dinner and watch his movie in peace. I, on the other hand, give Levi lectures on how the princess lifestyle is unbelievable, unattainable, and annoying. He does not care to listen to me. His reward for doing a good job at piano lessons today? Finishing the Sleeping Beauty movie.

As I was upstairs working on bills, Levi and Josh were watching the movie. Levi turns to Josh and says:

"Papa, when is the dragon coming, because all this dancing and birds and singing is really boring."

Victory is mine.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Love it!

Keltin said...

Hello, Knights! My Big Brother Jim (and older brother), gave me your blog site addy. Great posts with lots of entertainment value.

You have quite the flair for telling a tale. Thank you for that.

I do not have a blog site, although I like to spend time on the net; just don't have time to post and maintain.

I see my email in the identity box, so you can email me back, if you desire.

God bless.
An Uncle something-or-other.

My Three Sons said...

Oh naomi that is so funny. Give him the Kung Fu Panda movie and then he will want to karate chop everything..... seems boys like to dabble in girl stuff for a moment then they are done. hopefully. :) Nice we have a spouse to help calm us down huh?

James Marcel Patras said...

Levi: 2
Naomi: 0
Your son is winning Nay...

Andrea said...

Pink is the new "it" color for boys these days, you know?! :-)

The Murray's said...

heeheehee, SO cute!