Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All About Claire


It seems as if my recent blogs have been all about Levi. So being the good mom that I am, I will now brag about my second child.

Today Claire learned some new words. This morning was the first time that she said "Thank You". After breakfast but before snack (or second breakfast if you're a hobbit) Levi and Claire were sitting on the couch eating pretzels and watching Bob (Bob the Builder, duh). Claire had eaten all of her pretzels and was mooching off of Levi. He gave in and handed her a couple. He promptly came into the kitchen to brag on himself for being such a good sharer. So I said to Claire, "Wow, what a nice brother! Did you say thank you?" And then she looked at Levi and said it! I made a big deal out of it too.

Perhaps she learned this phrase first because she knew later in the day the new word she would introduce us to. You see, she wanted to soften the blow before she uttered the most cursed word in a toddler vocabulary. The three-letter-word that all parents hate. Yes, you guess it. Claire said "why". And the worst part? She is using it correctly. I blame Levi.

Here is a Claire funny. At work tonight I got out the legos for her to play with. She took three legos to the table with her. Two yellow ones and one green. She then played with those same three legos for about 20 minutes, putting them in every combination possible, and then some. The funny thing is that after each rearrangement of the legos, she would look at me and yell (she is definitely a Labrecque) MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! I then had to look at her new creation and tell her how wonderful it was. She would rearrange again, and the whole process started over again. Literally, she would yell for me about every 30 seconds.

Claire is a funny girl. She has so much personality and spunk, I cannot imagine life with her as a teenager! She copies everything Levi does so right now her favorite things are trains, trucks, dinosaurs (she has one mean growl), and Bob the Builder. If you ask Claire "can we fix it?" She will yell "YEAH!!" She is also fearless. She climbs up anything. And I mean anything. Even the seven foot tall ladder at our playground. She loves slides and swings and food. Her vocabulary is expanding at such an enormous amount it is incredible.

After her bath tonight as she was lying in my arms getting warm by her towel, she looked up at me and said "I love mama!" Only it sounded more like "iwuvmama!" She is darling.

4 comments:

The Murray's said...

'Lil Claire! I can't wait to meet you! You are such a beautiful little girl! :)

Love, Auntie

James Marcel Patras said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww(sarcastic) You should set your media player to NOT start automaticly, it is annoying me and my own music!

Jorgs said...

What is not to love about Claire!?

The Scope Family said...

I have to tell you that both of those little ones sound amazing. Wish I could meet them soon. I guess one day :) and you'll meet my little Sami (Samantha). Love to you all. Aunt Val
(check out my blog -- you're mentioned in there)
http://scooponthescopes.blogspot.com/