Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The First Day in Alaska

Well, we made it! We had an hour long train ride to the airport, then a three and a half hour plane, then another 45 minute drive till we arrived at my brothers house. Alaska is just as beautiful as I remember and my nieces and nephews are simply adorable. This was the first time visiting my parents house in Homer and it is unbelievable. The view is golden.

I accidentally uploaded the photos to blogger backwards, so the photos are going from Homer to Eagle River. In actuality we drove from Eagle River to Homer. We made a pit-stop on the way at the Wild Animal Conservatory.

This is the view from my parents back porch:




Grandma's worms:
At the Wild Animal Park:













Taken from the car on the drive down:





Playing at the school playground:










The church, school, & Monastery Drive:








At Uncle Ben's house:

2 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful! I want to visit Alaska!

Nicole&Nate said...

Amazing! I feel like you're farther away. I am so happy you are enjoying yourself and that you get to share with your children the place that is so much a part of you.