Friday, June 18, 2010

One more great thing about Spokane

Okay, so I know that I am technically supposed to be cleaning the carpets, or loading the moving van, or some other chore, but I quickly had to give one more huge "Spokane You Are Awesome" post.

Last spring, when we were looking for places to live, I took a drive out by myself to check out a house. The house I was looking at was the one we ended up getting. After my appointment, I met a girlfriend for lunch at a local coffee house. Of course, I drove back to Seattle immediately after lunch. My sister-in-law was watching my kids, and when I was about a block away from her house, I wanted to stop and get her some flowers for the favor. I got out of the car and looked for my wallet. It was not in my purse. It was not behind the seat. It was not on the floor. It was not in the car.

Since the drive from Spokane to Seattle is five hours, by the time I got home, the coffee shop was closed. Early the next morning, I called them, and sure enough, some random stranger had turned in my wallet; completely intact. I was amazed.

Last night, being our last night in the house, we decided to take the kids out to dinner. We went to local restaurant and our kids were so extremely hyper, that we decided to take them to a McDonald's playland to let them run off some steam. It worked! But in the process of leaving, I left my purse draped around a chair in the playland. I did not even notice it was gone until it was time to leave this morning to go pick up the moving truck. So, once again, I called a store and politely told them that I may have left my purse there.

Guess what? It was there! I could not believe my luck! But, I guess luck does not have much to do with it. All that matters, is that two honest people found my purse and returned them to management. I will miss living in such a place where manners and honesty matter so much.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yay for nice people. Like the redesign too!