Thursday, March 18, 2010

January Update

Crazy how it is the middle of March and I am just getting around to posting pictures and blog about January. Just a tad behind schedule! So here is a quick rundown.

Levi joined the YMCA Y-winners soccer league starting in January. Our neighbors six year-old was also on Levi's team. They met for six Saturdays for an hour. The first 30 minutes was practice, the second 30 minutes was a game with another team. After I reviewed my pictures, I realized we had a lot of video, but not a lot of pictures. I would have posted a video, but really, it was just four proud parents obsessively shouting random directions to the two boys.

Also in January, Josh and I took Levi and Claire on their first long distance bike ride. This is a trail that is next to our house called the Ben Burr trail. It is about two miles and both kids did great. At the end of the trail there are some large boulders so the kids got to practice their rock climbing skills.

My mom also came for a visit in January. She timed it so that she was here on a weekend that Josh did not have to work so that we could go house hunting in Portland. That hunt was successful!

Here is Bowl & Pitcher in the winter. Still beautiful.

My mom also continued her tradition of building gingerbread houses with her grandchildren. She brought the kits down with her from Alaska and I think the kids asked her about 100 times a day when they could build them. This was their treat the weekend that Josh and I were gone.



Once Claire found out that my mom had compost worms, there was an instant bond. Claire even cried when my mom left, because she could not go with her to visit the worms.
Levi and Claire finished up swimming lessons also in January. We have not done another round since then, but we most likely will soon. They had a blast and Claire loves water almost as much as she loves bugs.
The local kids museum has a Lego night once a month. January's theme was Star Wars so we signed Levi up for that while Claire played. She loves the children's museum!
Here is Claire in her first running race. She totally won.
Josh found these magnet earrings at a store and thought Claire would love them. She did, of course.
Just a random shot. This happened sometime in January...

1 comment:

Christine said...

I want to hear about the house!!