Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Minikit Cake


OH MY GOSH! IT WORKED!

I cannot tell you how long I have been attempting to upload videos to my blog. Last month we got a compact camera that will also do video, so I have been wanting to do this for awhile. Finally! The world can now see VIDEOS of my adorable children!

Okay, so the videos that get the grand premier took place on December 5th.

Levi and Claire both have the misfortune (?) of being Christmas babies. Since we are celebrating by going to Disneyland this year, I thought that I would through them a birthday party early in December, as to not overwhelm our friends by having another party close to the 25th.

We invited three families over in the early evening for some cake and ice cream. Since the kiddos are not getting presents from Josh and I this year, I thought the least I could do for them was make a fabulous cake. And boy, did I ever. Okay, correction, we did. Yes, Josh helped. A lot actually. He did all the creative decorating on the outside! His ideas are what made the cake take shape and actually look like a real Mini Kit.

Now, most of you are asking yourselves, "a mini kit? What is that?" I would be asking myself the same question if I did not have an almost five-year old who was obsessed with the Lego Star Wars video game.

On each level of the Star Wars game, you have to collect ten mini kits to complete the level. This is the cake that Levi and Claire humbly requested I bake. I did a google search for a real picture of a mini kit, but came up blank. You will just have to trust me that I did an incredible job and that my mini kit cake, looks just like the real thing.

I spent $75 just on ingredients for the cake. It took three cake boxes,
four containers of icing and lots of candy. But, as you can tell from the above video, it was completely worth it. The boy's reactions to the cake were amazing. They instantly knew what it was and thought that I was the coolest mom ever.

Here are some other pictures and video from the day.




The Happy Birthday Song - I sincerely apologize for how loud my voice is in this video.


One last search proved useful! Here is a picture of the Lego Star Wars mini kits! I am no Cake Boss, but I think it looks great!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow! I know how cakes can turn into a WAY bigger undertaking then you think! The cake looks awesome!!!! Great job guys! Have a merry Christmas!!!

Becca said...

Those videos are hilarious!! Way to go on the awesome mini kit cake! I had no idea what it was without your explanation.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous cake! You are so talented...okay and your hubby too! Fantastic.

The Murray's said...

LOVE the cake Nom!!! :)