Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Day Alone

My neighbor and I are trading babysitting days. Today was our first trade, and I was the lucky mom who went from 8:30 to 3:00 without any children. That is right. I was all alone today.

The feeling was rather weird. At times, I really did not know what I should do, which, oddly enough, is a strange sensation for me. But I did manage to get a few things accomplished. Obviously, some were more important than others. Like, I really did not need to spend as much time on hulu. Or I probably should not have been on facebook for so long. Other activities, like showering, were immensely wonderful to be doing by myself. Here is how I spent my day:

Watched the new show Modern Family on hulu. (loved it!)
Washed, folded and dried seven loads of laundry.
Made almond milk and a kick-ass dinner.
Went on a long run in a fancy neighborhood.
Watched Glee on hulu.
Watched The Daily Show on hulu.
Took a long shower.
Re-organized my bathroom.
Made all the beds and picked up all the toys.
Ran the dishwasher two times, and put away all the clean dishes.
Made a delicious and healthy lunch.
Patched a pair of Levi's jeans.
Sorted through Claire's and Levi's clothes. Put away the ones that don't fit and moved the next size up into their drawers.
Planned my home-preschool lesson for Tuesday.

I think it was a day well spent. Except for hulu. Man, that place is addicting. Don't tell Josh; I like to let him think that every day is emotionally and physically exhausting.

2 comments:

TheTaffs said...

Oh Hulu, I know it well. I watched Glee today on it too. What is it with that show? It is so cheese-mo, but I can't stop thinking about when will the next episode be posted! Hulu is a dangerous thing but thank goodness for it!

Shauna said...

Good for you! I need to figure out something like that cause I feel like I have been tied to my house and kids for EVER! I mean, I literally never get a break, Bro hasn't had a day off in 2 weeks and he just worked 50 hours in 3 days, can we say single mom? Yes, i can.