Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Recent conversations with a three year old

Reasoning in kids is pretty funny.

Two things happened this morning that proved Levi's level of reasoning is sometimes a fine precise tool, and at other times, quite elementary. Immediately after waking up this morning Levi told me that his foot hurt. Here is our conversation:

Levi: mom, my foot hurts.
Me: why does your foot hurt? Do you remember what you did?
Levi: no. Mom, do you have to cut it off?
Me: (ha ha haing) no, we don' t need to cut off your foot! You need it to walk. How else would you get around without feet?
Levi: (looking at me as if I was the stupidest person on earth) I would walk on my hands mom. (duh)

Thirty minutes later we were downstairs and his cars are everywhere. I ask him to pick them up. Then I step on one. I ask again. Step on another one. Then I get mad. Make a couple of threats that involve no tv, throwing away cars, etc. and tell him to pick them up again. Sure enough, I step on another one. Now I am mad. I get down to eye level, "Pick Up Your Cars! I Keep Stepping On Them!!!" And he asks me "why do you keep stepping on my cars mom??" Exactly, why.

Also this morning, as I was making coffee, he comes in the kitchen and we had the following conversation:

Levi: mom, it smells like poop in here.
Me: poop? It smells like poop? Why would you say that?
Levi: Say what?
Me: Say that it smelt like poop in the kitchen.
Levi: I didn't say that. You did. (Levi exits the kitchen, leaving mom dumbfounded)

I do have to say in Levi's defence that the kitchen probably does stink. Our recycling needs to be taken out SO bad, but our outside recycling bins are OVERFLOWING with cardboard, plastic and paper that I have to wait till the trucks come to empty our recycling containers.

3 comments:

James Marcel Patras said...

shows that your kid has a sense of humor.

The Murray's said...

hee hee, what a cutie! Keeping you on your toes I see... :)

Becca said...

Our recycle trash is overflowing too. Are they on strike or something?