Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fruit Fly Conspiracy

I do not like fruit flies. I never have. There is something terribly annoying about their tiny bodies secretly devouring my fruit. About six months ago we had a serious outbreak and Levi was my murderer in crime. He got really good at clapping his hands at the precise moment and terminating bug life. Our clapping, combined with a banana slice sealed in a jar, was a success, and it has been awhile since those things have been in my kitchen. 

Until this morning. Levi spotted him first. Buzzing over the bananas; delicately landing on the apples. Levi apparently had lost his fruit fly killing abilities, because that bug was annoying me several minutes later. 

I overheard Levi instructing Claire on the fine art of fruit fly killing. This is what he told her:

"Okay, Bitty, what you do is you wait real still, then you see the fruit fly, then you crap on him!"

Translation: "You CLAP on him."

They are both downstairs searching for the fly. I hope they find him. And his 10,000 siblings. 

4 comments:

Aaron said...

ROTFLMAO!

The Murray's said...

hahahhahahahahahhahahahahaaa! crap on them...... hahahahaa

My Three Sons said...

if you put some apple cider vinegar and liquid soap in a cup they will come to drink then die! I am pretty sure thats the concoction - something that will attract them then a little bit of poisen! its works everytime for me... try it. maybe even a little bit of honey or honey in a cup..

The Knight Family said...

That is a good idea. They like red wine too. Sometimes I have left out a cup that I did not finish drinking, and the next morning there are little bugs in the cup.